PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: *
Using A.R. Gould’s Standards of Behavior, demonstrates professionalism
at all times with patients, visitors, and co-workers. A team player is
necessary for this position of variable skills, organization and
independent working environment. Fast paced setting requires
independent thinking and ability and willingness to be flexible and
adaptable to changes.
Patient Service Representative will be supervised and managed by the
Manager overseeing the practice. He/she will report directly to the
Practice Specialist or directly to the Manager in the absence of
Practice Specialist for assistance/questions/concerns/issues regarding
responsibilities (see Essential Duties below).
1. Monitoring patient schedule; scheduling, rescheduling and
following up on missed appointments
2. Answer all telephone calls – forward where appropriate or
take accurate messages with dates and times.
3. Prepare charts, making new charts when appropriate.
4. All aspects of patient registration (e.g. ensuring accuracy
and completeness of
information needed for registration, follow-up appointments
testing/procedures scheduling, collection of co-payments as
5. Proper documentation of patient
6. Tracking of provider documentation.
7. Following ROI policy.
8. Verifying encounters and posting charges appropriately
9. Cash up sheet is generated and processed – Daily Log
maintained if applicable.
10. Maintain safety standards and report safety issues
11. Maintain mandatory education compliance.
Assist other staff and providers as required with special projects and
Float to other departments as needed to cover PSR duties in employee
No license is required.
Weekdays, but may infrequently require some early morning and/or evening
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
? High school diploma or G.E.D;
? Excellent organizational and communication skills;
? Ability to work independently;
? Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines;
? Word processing/typing skills.
NECESSARY EQUIPMENT: *Computer, Telephone
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting: Up to 6 hours per day
2. Standing. Up to 4 hours/day
3. Walking. Up to 4 hours/day
4. Lifting/Carrying. Up to 20 lbs. occasionally (less than 1/3 of
shift or job cycle), and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently (up to 2/3 of
5. Twisting. Occasionally ( less than 1/3 of shift)
6. Bending. Occasionally (less than 1/3 of shift)
7. Squatting/Kneeling. Occasionally (less than 1/3/ of shift)
8. Endurance. . This job is classified as LIGHT.
9. Extreme Wrist Position. Rarely (less than 10% of shift or job
10. Pinching. RARELY (less than 10% of shift or job cycle).
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. . Occasionally (less than 1/3 of shift or
job cycle). This job is NOT classified as a requiring a high level of
repetitive upper extremity movement
12. Manual Dexterity. Occasional fine motor skills required.
13. Tasks Requiring Use of Either Hand or Dominant Hand. 60%- 100% of
shift or job cycle time.
14. Tasks Requiring Use of Both Hands. Up to 60% of shift or job cycle
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/25 near vision and minimal 20/40
corrected far vision.
16. Hearing. Must be able to recognize speech at normal tone and volume
at normal conversation distance (up to 4 feet).
17. Speech. Ability to speak and be comprehended in normal
18. Exposure to Infection, radiation, electric shock or toxic chemicals:
This job does not present significant risk of exposure to bloodborne
infection, radiation, electric shock or toxic exposure under normal
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 – 80?F. No significant
extremes of temperature, weather, humidity, or adverse atmospheric
anticipated under normal work conditions.
2. Hazardous Noise. None anticipated under normal working conditions.
3. Working with Others. Close association is frequent and compromises
a major portion of the job.
4. Confined Spaces or Cramped Body Positions. Job does not involve work
in cramped positions/confined spaces (0 hours per week).
5. Body Injuries. No significant likelihood of traumatic injury -
deep cuts, fractures or permanent disabling injuries under normal
6. Exposure to/Injury by Moving Objects. No significant likelihood of
moving objects or equipment under normal working conditions. .
7. Toxic Conditions. NO SIGNIFICANT EXPOSURE to toxic or caustic
anticipated under normal working conditions.
8. Role Ambiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect
of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Frequent problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment. Continuously assesses situations and
determines corrective actions needed.
3. Supervision. May supervise individuals and must perform functions
involved with supervision of employees in the particular department.
4. Reading/Comprehension. Must be able to read and comprehend greater
than Grade 10 level of instructions.
5. Math/Arithmetic. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide,
perform fractions, and calculate percentages.
1. Composure Under Working Conditions (including demanding, and/or
rude, residents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise
self-control in working relationships with patients, staff, and
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation
3. Ability to maintain professional manner under stress
4. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality