Regional Medical Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04332
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
The Regional Medical Director will understand and effectively communicate and abide by the applicable standards and requirements of The Company, the contracting agency and the security regulations of the institutions to which assigned as well as supervise and provide care which meet or exceed the constitutional requirements of access to care, right to a professional medical judgment and right to care that is ordered.
What you bring to the table
+ Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (DO).
+ Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred.
+ Must obtain and maintain current licensure within the state of practice as required by The Company and accrediting and contracting agencies.
+ Must have and maintain a current DEA number.
+ Must maintain privileges.
+ Must maintain CME requirements for continued medical practice in each state.
What you will do
1. Obtain and maintain applicable state medical licensure and DEA registration.
2. Provide clinical oversight to the facility medical programs, as defined by the The Company, accrediting and contracting agency.
3. Review and monitor applicable treatment guidelines, clinical decision support monographs and tools, clinical policies and procedures and deploying clinical initiatives.
4. Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with the Associate Chief Clinical Officer, Division President, Regional Vice President and respective Health Services Administrators (H.S.A.) in responsibilities which include but are not limited to: Recruiting and Retention of practitioners, Continuous Quality Improvement, Healthcare related patient grievances, Infection control, Utilization management of inpatient and outpatient services, laboratory and medication formulary management and deploying clinical initiatives.
5. Understand, utilize and monitor Chronic Care Clinics that assure compliance as defined by the The Company, accrediting and contracting agencies.
6. Will serve as an active member of the The Company Continuous Quality Improvement Committee.
7. Attend all weekly scheduled leadership calls as assigned.
8. Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings as assigned.
9. Optimizes the use of Telehealth for Mentoring, providing schedule care, providing TeleHelp services and the use eConsult modules.
10. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
11. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
12. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
13. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
14. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
15. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Facility Maine Regional Office
Shift Day 8 hour
Recruiter John Polich