Immigration Legal Services Administrative Program
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
Immigration Legal Services Administrative Program Coordinator
Portland , ME
IMMIGRATION LEGAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Immigration Legal Services (ILS) is happy to announce that we currently have an opening for a part-time Administrative Program Coordinator. Currently this is a one-year position with the likelihood that it will be extended depending on performance and funding resources. The focus of the position is to coordinate and manage ILS operations including working to build new program systems, initiatives and projects.
Consider joining our team. You will learn about all forms of immigration and Maine’s diverse immigrant communities in a dynamic environment, and you will help us to better meet the urgent needs of our New Mainer community.
The responsibilities of this position will be developed in coordination with the ILS Administrative Program Coordinator to best fit her or his skills and interests within the scope of the prioritized needs of the program. A variety of program-level and administrative work is anticipated including the following:
- Program development – time-sensitive projects such asCreating a training module on current and developing immigration policy and best practices
Development of existing case intake, tracking, and monitoring forms and systems, including narrative records (stories) of case consultations that do not necessarily lead to case representation
- Client /case Excel spreadsheet refinement and maintenance
- Data reporting to current funders, and in support of new grant applications
- Narrative reporting, telling the story of the impact of ILS work to current funders, as well as in support of new grant applications, and as a means of outreach to immigrants
- Funding proposal development
- Processing fees and record-keeping
- Training on program management
- Understanding Maine refugee resettlement and cultural awareness
- Highly diverse workforce and team-spirited work culture
- Internal supervision and support
- Community meetings, and collaborations with immigration legal services partners and ethnic community organizations
A combination of formal education and life experience sufficient to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
Experience and Personal Qualifications:
- Flexibility, maturity, initiative, and dependability
- Computer skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Presentation / communication skills
Position Code-1037-RIS Salary Code-J Status-PT NON EEO-02 both 7-1-20 – Hannah DeAngelis
Catholic Charities Maine does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, ancestry or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected status in its hiring or employment practices.