IT Support Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewiston, ME 04240
Pine Tree Legal Assistance has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Support Specialist in Maine. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in this role, including administrative support with the LegalServer case management system. They will also be excited and inspired by the opportunity to help staff and volunteers leverage technology to advance the goal of justice for all Maine residents. The starting salary for this position is $38,750+ depending on experience, with generous leave and insurance benefits, and the opportunity for ongoing professional development.
Pine Tree Legal Assistance is Maine’s oldest and largest civil legal aid provider, with a current staff of 60 and offices in six locations around Maine. Since 2000, it has operated an Information Technology network for its own staff and colleagues in several other nonprofit organizations. Current technologies include Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Online/SQL/SharePoint Online, VMware, Cisco VoIP Telephony, Citrix, videoconferencing, and a shared computerized case management system (LegalServer.) With the upcoming retirement of the last original IT team member, Pine Tree seeks a full-time IT Support Specialist to work with its experienced Director of Information Technology in providing support and services to Pine Tree staff and volunteers, as well as Provider Network participants (currently, three legal aid providers, a law school clinic and a small nonprofit foundation.) The IT Support Specialist functions as the LegalServer local administrator and expert, handles daily requests for software-related technical support and troubleshooting, provides initial technology training and overview for new staff and volunteers, and is involved in database management, adaptations and reporting. The IT Support Specialist will also work on a daily basis with the IT Director on system needs and changes and collaborate on training needs and ways to strengthen user experience and improvements in the Provider Network. To strengthen teamwork and a shared approach to the work, the Support Specialist will ideally work in the same PTLA office (Lewiston) with the IT Director, although PTLA will also consider work from its Portland office location. While much of this support is provided remotely, in-person trainings and support will require some travel around the State. A full job description is available upon request.
Essential Skills for the position include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on computer science or related field, or comparable work experience.
• 3+ years of experience providing timely and effective IT help-desk support to a wide range of users, including those with limited technical skills or understanding.
• Excellent critical thinking, communication and time management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of database management and report-writing (including Microsoft SQL, Crystal Report, MS Access, and other applications). Previous experience with LegalServer is highly desirable.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10) and desktop applications including Microsoft 365, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks and other common software programs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems.
• Sufficient understanding of hardware and network equipment and connectivity issues to identify when they impact user experience and the ability to promptly engage the IT Director and/or vendor contacts as needed to address those concerns.
• A positive approach and commitment to continuous learning about technologies that can improve individual and program wide job performance and client service.
• A shared commitment to and enthusiasm for working with colleagues and peers in a fast-paced nonprofit environment in support of improved access to justice for Maine residents.
Pine Tree Legal Assistance values an inclusive and diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply. Pine Tree Legal Assistance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds. Pine Tree promotes an inclusive workplace both in its policies and practices.
Applicants should provide a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three references via email to IT Director Leonard Kimble (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Executive Director Nan Heald (email@example.com). Applications are encouraged by July 15, but will be accepted until the position is filled.