Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
As a Technologist Assistant at our Bangor, ME outpatient imaging center you will provide assistance to technologists in areas that allow technologist to maintain an on-time schedule and run the scanning area in an orderly fashion. This is a PT role working Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:30pm – 8pm; Saturdays from 8am -4pm; and every other Friday from 4:30pm – 8pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
(70%) Technologist Assistance
- Monitors MRI, CT, arthrogram and x-ray schedules
- Adjusts patients schedule when necessary and keeping all techs informed of any changes
- Greets and escorts patients to changing room; briefly explains procedure
- Prepares patient jackets and compiles films putting them together in appropriate jacket according to date and number
- Prepares room set up between patients, including putting proper coil on table, putting previous coil away and changing table sheet
- Assists patients on and/or off table when requested by technologist
- Reviews paperwork to ensure it is complete and hand faxes to IC in timely fashion
- Prints schedules and request forms for next day
- Helps the technologist stay on time by having the next patient ready before the current patient is ready to get off the table
- Restores and networks all previous exams for next day’s returning patients
(20%) Cleaning & Organization
- Stocks and cleans work and control areas and MRI room(s)
- Ensures that all MRI patient areas are stocked and organized in a neat and tidy manner
- Cleans and stocks patient prep room and patient restroom
- Stocks linen and empties laundry at the end of the night
- Organizes and cleans supply closet and computer rooms
- Organizes radiologist reading area after radiologist has left for the day
- Checks with MRI technologists, IC, Medical Records and/or Front Office for additional duties as needed
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned
Part-time (less than 20)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Enrollment in current radiologic technologist program
Be a part of something bigger — join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. Insight Imaging is a part of CDI’s national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community’s needs.
Insight is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled
Insight is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including recruitment and hiring.
Insight and its associates have an employment relationship, which is known as employment-at-will. This means that either CDI or an associate has the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason with or without cause or prior notice.