Retail Sales Associate II PT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brewer, ME 04412
Brewer Retail Store
Brewer, ME, USA
One day you could be thanking donors for their bags of clothing, the next you could be pricing crockpots and placing them on shelves. This way, your work stays interesting.
We want to hire friendly people. That’s pretty much the main requirement of this job. We need people who can be kind, even in challenging situations. If you can be a kind, flexible teammate who is open to ever-changing tasks, we want you on our team!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, full-time Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Starting at $12.25 per hour!
- Participate in effective day-to-day operation of all store activities under the direct supervision of the Store Manager or his/her designee.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions
- Provides high-quality customer service by helping customers to locate merchandise, answering questions, etc.
- Receives donations, issues donation receipts and assists donors when applicableStocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies
- Sorting merchandise into categories
- Pricing merchandise using best practices and stocking to sales floor plan
- Operate power equipment to organize and store donated product
- Loading material in to gaylords, trucks, and trailers for export
- Processes material at donation site by sorting donations made throughout the day
- Accepts Donations from customers, loading goods in to hampers for sort
- Running a cash register, ensuring accurate tenders and a balanced cash drawer.
- Pre-scanning books for processing
- General housekeeping
- Merchandising inventory according to sales floor plan
- Pulling merchandise from the sales floor as needed.
- Attending to fitting rooms
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift.
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
Communication – written
Communication – verbal
Basic Literacy skills
Posted: June 22, 2020