CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT I - Med/Surg Tele
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: *
A Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing patient care
under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Assists patients with
activities of daily living and assists in the maintenance of a safe,
clean environment for patients on the MST floor. S/he must have a
basic understanding of the fundamentals of Medical, Surgical, and
1. Provide safe and efficient direct patient care under the
direction of the RN.
2. Keep charge nurse informed of the patient’s status and changes as
well as problems.
3. Participate in department performance improvement activities.
4. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
5. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
6. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the
7. Age specific standards: The individual in this position must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over
the life span of the patient. In addition, s/he must possess the
ability to assess patient data relative to age specific needs and
provide care as described in the department’s policies.
8. Excellent documentation skills with the ability to learn and
incorporate electronic documentation.
9. Demonstrate proficiency with patient transfers.
10. Demonstrate an understanding of adaptive equipment and how it is
1. Perform other work-related duties, within their scope of
practice, as assigned.
1. Active and in good standing on the Maine CNA registry or
registry eligible at time of orientation start date.
1. Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as
well as weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Successful completion of an approved CNA program, and
registry eligible at time of hire.
2. BLS is required within the first week of employment. Employees
must maintain CPR certification throughout employment when in a clinical
3. Must be able to read and write with proficiency to accomplish all
4. De-escalation and workplace violence training will be completed
at hire prior to release from orientation. Employees must complete the
required Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) program within 6
months of hire and maintain current certification throughout their
employment in the high or moderate risk role.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS: *
1. Able to sit for 1-3 hours per day.
2. Able to stand and/or walk 5-9 hours/ day.
3. Able to lift over 50 pounds using proper body mechanics.
4. Able to twist 500 – 1000 times per day.
5. Able to bend 130-480 times per day.
6. Able to squat/kneel 1-3 hours/day (need not be continuous).
7. Able to endure high energy requirements. (7-9 mets)
8. Able to have wrists deviate from neutral position.
9. Able to show ability to make skillful coordinate manual
10. Able to use both hands 70%-100% of job cycle with frequent fine
11. Require corrected vision must be at least 20/30 in both eyes
(near and far). Able to distinguish between red/green and blue/violet
colors. Able to demonstrate accurate depth perception.
12. Able to hear a whispered voice at eight feet.
13. Able to speak clearly 8 – 10 hours a day.
14. Frequent exposure to infections that can cause significant
morbidity and/or mortality
15. Able to push/pull equipment several time a day. (i.e. lift
chairs, scales, Hoyer lift)
1. Able to work in 70-80? environments.
2. Able to tolerate moderate exposure to water/dampness.
3. Occasional work on slippery surfaces.
4. Occasional work where surfaces are uneven,
5. Slight chance of exposure to non-ionized radiation (Microwaves).
6. Occasional exposure to ionized radiation (x-rays)
7. Frequent exposure to voices, bells, buzzers, routine noises and
occasional loud sounds.
8. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury (i.e.,
lacerations, contusions, abrasions, fractures).
9. Slight likelihood of significant injury from moving objects
(i.e., wheelchairs, geri chairs, Hoyer lift).
10. Frequent likelihood of exposure to toxic/infectious conditions.
11. Able to work with others; close association is frequent and
comprises a major portion of the job.
12. Able to self pace work so that assignments are completed in a
designated time span.
13. Able to extend work hours beyond twelve hours per shift, on
1. Continuously utilizes appropriate judgment.
2. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, perform
fractions, and calculate percentages.
3. Must be able to read and comprehend greater than grade 10 level
1. Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working
relationships with patients, staff, and visitors.
2. Works directly with persons who are or may become ill, disabled,
or may be dying; may be present at the death bed and have to care for
the body of the deceased; must possess skills to cope with stresses
associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
The above specifications represent the summary requirements of this
position, which are subject to revision at any time.