Retail Sales Associate II Casual
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Windham, ME 04062
Windham, ME, USA #2380
Windham, ME, USA
One day you could be thanking donors for their bags of clothing, the next you could be pricing crockpots and placing them on shelves. This way, your work stays interesting.
We want to hire friendly people. That’s pretty much the main requirement of this job. We need people who can be kind, even in challenging situations. If you can be a kind, flexible teammate who is open to ever-changing tasks, we want you on our team!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Access to Internal Job Board
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- 403(b) retirement plan
Starting at $12.25 per hour!
Performs all daily tasks in the retail store, as assigned, to ensure high production output, clean safe environment, and a superior shopping experience that falls in line with a highest level of quality customer service.
- Sorting and pricing merchandise
- Operate power equipment (for example, electric pallet stackers, electric pallet jacks)
- Loading material for export
- Donation attendant
Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions
- Communicates with manager and entire support team in order to understand daily tasks and expectations
- Provides high quality customer service by helping customers to locate merchandise, answering questions, etc.
- Receives donations, issues donation receipts and assists donors when applicable
- Works with supervisors to ensure individual production goals are met on a consistent basis
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies
- Sorts merchandise into categories
- Prices merchandise using best practices and stocks to sales floor plan
- Operates power equipment to organize and store donated product
- Loads material into gaylords, trucks, and trailers for export
- Processes material at donation site by sorting donations made throughout the day
- Accepts donations from customers, loading goods into hampers for sort
- Runs a cash register, ensuring accurate tenders and a balanced cash drawer.
- Pre-scans books for processing
- General housekeeping
- Merchandises inventory according to sales floor plan
- Pulls merchandise from the sales floor as needed.
- Attends to fitting rooms
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
- Criminal Record that satisfies Goodwill NNE criteria for this job
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds
Communication – verbal
Communication – written
Basic Literacy skills
Posted: June 17, 2020