Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hollis , ME 04042
Direct Support employees support clients to achieve their desired quality of life and ensure optimal health and safety, provide prescribed support and supervision, assist clients to be as independent* dent as possible, and to maintain their homes so they are clean, safe, and hazard free. Reports directly to the Residential Coordinator with oversight from the Program Manager.
- Behavior should be professional always and consistent with agency mission, values, philosophy, policies, and procedures, including treating clients and others with dignity and respect.
- Assist clients in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns for activities.
- Provide training and assistance to clients in making healthy dietary choices and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Plan and support clients in daily activities, which may include, but are not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management.
- Responsible for assisting clients with personal hygiene skills and tasks, including assisting with bathroom responsibilities, ensuring clients complete shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, shampooing, and dressing appropriately for the weather and typ0e of activities.
- Complete documentation, as necessary, to meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Complete required, on-going training requirements within agency and state required time frames.
- Report to work on time, and if unable to report to work, or if there is a need to come to work late, or leave early, contact Residential Coordinator and follow protocol.
Some transportation of clients to and from recreational activities, errands, work, and personal appointments.