Head of Customer Operations- BlueTarp
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
Job ID: R96971
ME Portland-One Monument Sq (25006), United States of America, PORTLAND, Maine
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Head of Customer Operations- BlueTarp
The Head of BlueTarp Customer Operations (Senior Manager) is responsible for daily operations of the contact center and payment investigation team, as well as developing and executing strategies and innovations in support of ongoing growth. Responsibilities include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement. Emphasis is on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, and coaching and development of associate team. Performance metrics include call efficiency, low abandonment rate, staffing utilization and acceptable turnover. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development, enhancing employee engagement, knowledge, skills, and morale.
This is a highly visible and complex role, since the candidate will be required to support and work with executives and users across the entire organization. The successful candidate must be a passionate and proactive visionary in driving processes. In addition, the candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, quality-minded and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that engages, mentors, develops, and guides team members.
- Manage, coach and provide leadership to supervisors and staff to achieve goals with an emphasis on continual learning and professional development
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable goals, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and associate development,
- Effectively manage Quality Assurance (QA) program fostering continuous improvement and exceeding Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance,
- Proven experience managing metrics and associate performance while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and continually evaluate for improvements to effectively organize responsibilities, including projects, efficient training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision,
- Assess and coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet service expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Partnering with IT, Dealer Services and other Customer Contact to continuously evaluate business processes and current marketplace best practices to ensure we provide the most satisfying experience to our customers.
- Work with technical support to maintain and continuously improve the CRM platforms and telephony systems we employ and seek out the most current and effective solutions to optimize our service levels
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to understand company initiatives and products and reflect those outcomes in scheduling and training
- Establishes customer service goals and supports results through best practice leadership and management principles by identifying and supporting the service drivers that provide an outstanding customer experience
- Develop and propose new ideas to continually improve customer service levels to ensure that company programs are highly differentiated and ‘best in class’
- Ability to prepare reports, analyze data and provide suggestions based on findings
- Strong operational experience in problem solving with demonstrated ability to innovate and achieve goals
- Possess excellent organization, communication and leadership skills to motivate and promote outstanding service in a team environment
- Ability to inspire, implement and execute new process and procedures effectively
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and follow-through skills
- Highly flexible with a strong commitment to a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong technical background to understand optimize workflow and making sure technology systems meet business requirements, including CRM and telephony systems
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 10 years Contact Center experience
- At least 5 years experience leading a team(s) of both Exempt and Non-Exempt associates
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Process Management experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.