Sr Datacenter Network Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Sr Datacenter Network Engineer
Tyler Technologies continues to grow and we are currently seeking a Senior Datacenter Network Engineer to join our hosting engineering team. The Senior Datacenter Network Engineer’s primary duties include design and implementation as well as installation, initial maintenance, and support of the network in our datacenter infrastructures as required to meet the needs of the Tyler’s business units. The Senior Network Engineer serves as a Tier 3 point of contact for supporting both datacenter and cloud network connectivity by designing, documenting, and training team members for implemented solutions.The Network Engineer installs, maintains, and supports the networking required to meet the needs of the Tyler’s employees and customers. This position works with internal staff and serves as a point of contact for supporting clients’ SaaS network interface requirements.Responsibilities
- Assist in designing and planning future network changes including licensing and equipment purchases
- Work with peers and business units to install and maintain connectivity between SaaS services
- Install, maintain and support network hardware, security devices and infrastructure
- Be a point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of client’s SaaS needs
- Troubleshoot network connectivity and configuration issues
- Explore, test, and implement new technologies as they become available
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met
- Maintain records necessary for network audit and security compliance
- Ensure that network documentation stay up to date
- Maintain records necessary for audit compliance, including but not limited to PCI, SSAE, SOX, CJIS, FedRAMP
- Maintain proper backup procedures and ensure backup validity
Typical business hours are 8-5, M-F. However, This position is subject to periodic maintenance to be performed outside of business hours.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent experience
- IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, and/or AWS CSA-P desired
- Typically requires 5-8+ years of practical experience support in Networking, TCP/IP setup and configuration, Cisco Routers/Switches, and VPN appliances
- Holistic understanding of network components and systems integration
- Experience with network design and topography
- Familiarity with cloud environments, design, limitations, and optimizations. AWS preferred.
- Strong understanding of security practices in the datacenter as well as the cloud
- Solid understanding of network orchestration and automation tools
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/NX-OS, F5 and other network hardware
- Thorough knowledge of network security including intrusion detection and prevention at all levels of the network
- Proficient routing/switching expertise: ACI, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, etc.
- Deep experience with network design/implementation/support across multiple platforms including evaluating hardware and software networking requirements
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise runbooks, network diagrams and other types of documentation
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.