Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Medical Surgical Unit, P4C
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland , ME 04102
FOR A LIMITED TIME THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $2500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Eligible candidates will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience.
Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
- During this time CNA II hires (1+ plus year(s) of experience) are eligible for Featured level Employee Referral bonus ($1000 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem). CNA I hires (less than 1 year of experience) will be eligible for standard level Employee Referral bonus: $500 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem.
P4C is an adult 18 bed Medical Surgical unit, serving patients from age 18 to 100+. The unit provides care primarily for surgical patients and includes surgical specialties in joints (hips, knees, and shoulders) vascular, bariatric, minor neurological and gastrointestinal populations. P4C provides care to medical overflow as well.
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision a Registered Professional Nurse and according to defined policies and procedures, provides clerical support to the unit. Also performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider’s orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Basic computer skills and medical terminology recommended.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 130541-76102
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.