Manufacturing Excellence Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brunswick, ME 04011
Could you help improve healthcare outcomes around the world?
If the answer is yes, you think just like us! We are a world-leading medical solutions company, designing and supplying medical solutions to enhance performance in healthcare – from the hospital to the home. We’re looking for people who want to improve outcomes for healthcare professionals and their patients.
An exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Excellence Manager has opened in our Brunswick, ME site. This collaborative and dynamic individual will be responsible for empowering our people and driving performance improvement across our two Maine sites as well as Contract Manufacturing organizations.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To provide hands-on technical support to US Manufacturing sites (Wiscasset & Brunswick), Contract Manufacturers & Logistics while implementing the Continuous Improvement Strategy (Molnlycke Production System)
- Help sites in designing and executing the Continuous Improvement Implementation plan; provide follow-up support during implementation activities & deployment.
- Coordinate & Contribute to developing Molnlycke Production System (CI) program pillars’ framework and related capabilities.
- Own the necessary admin and reporting responsibilities under the Continuous Improvement function umbrella.
- To be part of the site’s strategy development and deployment process from strategy setting to KPIs deployment and visualization at each level of the organization focusing on Safety/Quality/Delivery/Cost
- To maintain strong connection with the shop floor (be visible and available, be engaged where value is created, drive kaizen activities being on the frontline)
- To provide specific knowledge via coaching and training to key stakeholders and team members
- To foster a problem-solving culture starting from Daily Accountability Process (DOM) at each organizational level (train/coach/challenge/follow up)
- To actively coordinate, implement and follow up the site’s improvement activities and projects (MPS plan, Value Stream opportunities and local Savings Masterplan)
- To remain up to date in terms of Lean Thinking and Methodologies. Train and coach site members with the aim of making daily use of both. To be the SME for Lean Leadership
- To develop proper Standardized Work Culture’s understanding and diffusion (as a base for CI)
Our ideal candidate is someone with 8+ years’ experience in Lean Leadership within a manufacturing environment , with a hands-on leadership style.
Additionally the candidates will possess:
- Preferred Engineering or equivalent background
- Manufacturing related experiences are a must including exposure to shop floor working environment
- Prior Leadership role experience (Team Lead, Manager)
- Change Management experience
- Lean Activities/Projects Mgmt Experience
- English (written/spoken) proficiency
- Travelling will be occasionally required both within and outside US.
Mlnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We design and supply solutions to enhance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home.
We specialise in:
- Wound management: including dressings with Safetac such as Mepitel and Mepilex
- Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
- Surgical solutions: including Mlnlycke trays, HiBi antiseptics and Biogel surgical gloves
Mlnlycke was founded in 1849. Nowadays our solutions are available in around 100 countries; we’re the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products; and we’re Europe’s largest provider of customised trays. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden and we have about 7,800 employees around the world.
It is the policy of Molnlycke Health Care, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.