Full Time Home Health Registered Nurse
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
I believe that better care begins at home.Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
We offer a unique employment package that includes:
- Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Home Health Registered Nurse, you will:
- Provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients.
- Administer on-going care and case management for each patient, provide necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Confer with physician in developing the initial plan of treatment based on physician’s orders and initial patient assessment. Provide hands-on care, management and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with physician orders, under Clinical Manager’s supervision. Revise plan in consultation with physician based on ongoing assessments and as required by policy/regulation.
- Coordinate appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Home Health Aides and external providers).
- Report patient care/condition/progress to patient’s physician and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
- Implement patient care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise the work of Home Health Aides, Certified Home Health Aides and Personal Care Workers and provides written personal care instructions/care plan that reflect current plan of care. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Discharge patients after consultation with the physician and Clinical Manager, preparing and completing needed clinical documentation.
- Prepare appropriate medical documentation on all patients, including any case conferences, patient contacts, medication order changes, re-certifications, progress updates, and care plan changes. Prepare visit/shift reports, updates/summarizes patient records, and confers with other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient care.
- Diploma, Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of one year nursing experience preferred
- Strong med surg, ICU, ER, acute experience
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.