ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECH I - AR GOULD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: Cleans and maintains assigned areas in a
sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition for the benefit of patients,
visitors, and other employees.
1.Cleans offices, patient rooms, patient areas, corridors, public areas,
bathrooms, treatments rooms and utility closets according to policies.
2.Replenishes supplies in dispensers such as paper towels, toilet
tissue, and hand soap.
3.Cleans furnishings such as beds, stands, chairs, TV’s, telephones,
office equipment, stretchers and wheelchairs.
4.Must be able to work with germicidal cleaning detergents.
5.Cleans blinds and windows.
6.Cleans bathrooms by scouring sinks, toilets, and the like.
7.Washes walls, doors, and vents weekly.
8.Dry mops and damp mops floors.
10.Cleans and makes beds.
11.Must be able and willing to clean isolation rooms according to
12.Properly disposes of all waste.
13.Stocks and handles clean and soiled linens according to procedure
14.Must be able to do high dusting of sills, light fixtures, picture
frames and the like.
15.Must be able to follow established safety methods and procedures as
outlined in organizational and department policies.
16.Must be able to attend to page calls, where needed, as needed
17.Must be able to properly cleans and rinse OR Instruments per
instruction, as needed
18.Must be able to properly clean OR, Recovery Room, and Delivery rooms
19.Must possess the ability to work as a team member
20.Must be able to use the UV disinfection machine.
21.Must be able to complete weekly checks of the Pharmaceutical waste
boxes in designated area.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
2. Will be asked to assist in additional areas as needed.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: NONE
May be assigned to work the day, evening, or night shift. Usually
assigned to one shift but may need to work a different shift from that
assigned, if there is a need. Must be able to work at least every other
weekend and holidays as needed as well as take call requirements.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. No experience required
3. Requires verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
4. Should be able to follow oral and written instructions
5. De-escalation and Workplace Violence training will be completed at
hire prior to release from orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 1-3 hours/day.
2. Standing. 4-7 hours/day.
3. Walking. 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting. 10-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Infrequently, 1-120 or greater twists/day.
6. Bending. Moderate: 130-480 bends /day.
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1-3 hours/day.
8. Endurance. Moderate energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Moderate deviation.
10. Pinching. Moderate, 130-480 pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. Moderate: 1000-2880/day or more.
12. Manual Dexterity. Gross Dexterity with frequent fine motor
13. Either Handedness. Up to 35% of job cycle.
14. Both Handedness. 60-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far
16. Hearing. Can hear whispered voice at eight (8) feet (FAA class
17. Speech. Frequent clear speaking ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Frequent
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 – 80?F.
2. Noise. Frequent exposure to voices, bells, routine noises, and
occasional fairly loud
3. Working with Others. Close association is frequent and compromises a
major portion of the job.
4. Confined Spaces or Cramped Body Positions. Work in cramped
positions/confined spaces (1hour per week).
5. Body Injuries. Exposure to circumstances which may cause minor
superficial cuts, mild blows, sprains, slips, etc. Moderate
likelihood of minor
injuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury that
could cause deep cuts,
fractures, or permanent disabling injuries.
6. Moving Objects. Slight likelihood of significant injury from moving
7. Toxic Conditions. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxic
8. Role Ambiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect of
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Moderate problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment. Continuously assesses situations and determines
corrective actions needed.
3. Reading/Comprehension. Must be able to read and comprehend greater
than Grade 7 level of instructions.
4. Math/Arithmetic. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and
1. Composure Under Working Conditions (including demanding, and/or rude,
resi-dents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control
in working relation-ships with patients, staff, and visitors, and
2. Coping Skills for Stresses Associated with Illness, Disability, Dying
and/or Death. Works around persons, who are or may become ill,
disabled, or dying, on a regular basis. Must possess skills to cope
with stresses associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.