Health and Safety Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
Health and Safety Manager
- Job ID:65589
- Functional Area:Health & Safety
- Position Type:Field Management
- Experience Required:5+ yrs
- Location:ME,South Portland
- Education Required:High School Diploma
This challenging Health and Safety Manager role is an opportunity to build an impressive Health and Safety career. Provide comprehensive safety and health direction and support to multiple lines of business and their related hazards including hazardous waste, chemical, physical, respiratory, fall protection, high pressure cleaning, confined space as well as lock out/tag out hot work. In this demanding, field-based role you will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment in a company fully committed to safety. Clean Harbors Safety Professionals handle a variety of work situations; emergency response work, refinery facility work, special requests by customers, decontamination, spill clean-up, and some demolition.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our .#1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Travel to job sites to conduct site audits and interventions, investigate, oversee, and observe safety conditions and manage safety permits and required paperwork for each work crew. Monitor Industrial Hygiene;
- Manage employee safety training programs; Participate in Program development and implementation; Conduct employee training such as HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry, Scaffolding, etc.;
- Develop health and safety plans, JSA’s (job safety analysis), JHA’s (job hazard analysis) and manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs;
- Collaborate with leaders of various business units to Implement CHESI (Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.) Health & Safety Programs and promote continuous safety improvement. Participate in meetings, develop relationships, provide periodic reporting and EHS guidance;
- Respond to emergencies and incidents and manage injury and accident follow-up and reporting. Establish relationships with client safety departments and local governmental and regulatory officials and personnel.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred);
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State safety and health regulations;
- 5+ years’ experience progressive Health & Safety experience;
- Experience in Field Services, Oil & Petrochemical, Industrial Services, Environmental Emergency Response or similar industry preferred;
- Must be able to travel overnight 25% of time.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.