Project Accountant 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Project Accountant 2
Project Accountant 2 (158229)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Accountant 2, we’ll count on you to:
- Work autonomously on client invoicing, collections management and project budgeting, as well as backup assistance on coding and processing A/P, time sheets, and expense reports
- Accurately process contract documentation, administration and maintenance, including fee and budget entry
- Work with section and project personnel to provide timely contract performance data and resolve financial issues
- Coordinate the project accounting system within the department and work with technical staff to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Assist multiple project managers and staff on a daily basis
- Mentor junior project accountants as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
Position can be based in either the Boston or Portland, ME office of HDR.
Keyword(s): Project Accountant, job .#158229, * LI-MP1
- Associate degree in a closely related field or combination of education and relevant experience
- 5 years of experience; an advanced degree may offset years of experience
- Familiar with Earned Value Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and collaborate with various managers in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Proficiency with MS Office, primarily Excel but also including Word and Outlook
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- A/E accounting experience as preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Candidates who reside locally are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.