Looking for an Orthotist or Prosthetist Orthotist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Looking for an Orthotist or Prosthetist Orthotist who loves the great outdoors and everything Bangor, ME has to offer!
As a Prosthetist and/or Orthotist, you have dedicated yourself to improving the lives of the patients you serve. We recognize that in doing so you not only impact the lives of those you treat but of their families, friends, and communities. Embarking on a career with Hanger allows you to continue in this endeavor but elevates you as a champion of the orthotic and prosthetic market by providing superior patient care, outcomes, service and value. Advance your career by leveraging professional clinical expertise, established clinical practice guidelines, innovative technologies, specialized training & continuing education, RAC audit resources, and back office support at one of our more than 700 clinics nationwide. At Hanger, we fulfill your current practice needs but also offer a potential career path to meet your changing aspirations as you continue your professional journey for years to come.
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger’s Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
We are looking to hire an Orthotist or Prosthetist Orthotist for our Bangor, ME clinic. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a supportive team. This is a solid office with exponential growth in 2018!
We are looking for a well-rounded clinician who enjoys working with a diverse patient population. If you are a CPO, you have ample opportunity to work with both orthotic and prosthetic patients. Being a part of the Hanger Clinic team, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and world-class continuing education classes.
The streets of downtown Bangor are lined with locally-owned restaurants and shops. Arts and culture are all around—from large-scale touring productions along the waterfront to hometown grassroots gatherings.
If you enjoy nature and the great outdoors, Bangor offers a variety of area trails. You can enjoy a riverfront stroll downtown, peaceful walks through the woods, or challenging mountain bike trails. In the winter there are trails for snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and biking. Year round opportunities to get outside and enjoy the fresh air!
Bangor is centrally positioned within Maine. It provides the perfect home base for all your Maine adventures—just 45 minutes from the coast and a few hours to the state’s highest peaks and ski resorts!
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and joining the Hanger Clinic family, please apply via the link provided or contact us directly:
Our patients are our focus and are the heart of everything we do. As a Hanger Prosthetist and/or Orthotist, you will leverage exceptional training and an extensive collaborative clinical community nearly 1500 providers strong to provide or supervise the delivery of comprehensive prosthetic and orthotic care. You will assess patients, formulate treatment plans, implement those plans, follow-up with your patients and participate in practice management. If you have not yet achieved certification, you will provide care under the direction of one of our certified clinicians.
You will enjoy combining your unique blend of clinical and technical skills to evaluate patients, custom design, fabricate and fit prostheses and/or orthoses to deliver exceptional outcomes for the patients you serve. You will collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team and innovate utilizing the latest technology as we all strive to empower human potential together.
Depending on the operational requirements, size of the Hanger Clinic and subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law, your role may include some or all of the functions listed below.
- Collaborate with physicians in the evaluation and analysis of a patient’s need for prosthetic and/or orthotic services; recommend treatment options to physicians when necessary.
- Examine and evaluate patient needs in relation to disease and functional loss.
- Formulate design of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Select materials, make cast measurements, model modifications, and layouts, taking into account new techniques and materials.
- Perform fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
- Evaluate prosthetic and/or orthotic device on patient, adjust to assure fit, function, medical efficacy, and quality of work.
- Instruct patient in use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided.
- Provide follow-up with patients and physicians.
- Provide in-service training to physicians and allied health care professionals.
- Utilize effective materials management, quality and performance processes to maximize device quality and medical efficacy, maintaining a proper balance with costs and operational/financial performance.
- Meet with physicians, case managers and other referral sources to review prosthetic and/or orthotic services and capabilities; develop and enhance business relationships to identify and secure ongoing and future sources or referrals.
- Plan and implement strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets in coordination with management.
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
- May mentor residents or newly certified clinicians.
- Provide assistance to other clinical staff.
- Provide information to administrative staff to conduct reimbursement activities.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with bloodborne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- May be asked to perform on-call, hospital calls, or float between more than one Hanger Clinic location.
- Current board certification in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics from the American Board for Certification (ABC) or the Board of Certification (BOC), or
- A baccalaureate degree in prosthetics and/or orthotics, or the foreign equivalent, and current ABC Board-Eligibility in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
- In states where licensure is required, the ability to obtain and maintain state licensure may be required as… For full info follow application link.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment to all qualified individuals. All conditions of employment are administered without discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.