Marine Service Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Livermore Falls, ME 04254
POSITION TITLE: Service Technician REPORTS TO: Kurt /Pauline Gagnon
The Service Technician works to diagnose and repair boats and engines brought to the dealership for service in addition to performing scheduled maintenance and conducting quality checks on work performed to ensure that repairs are made correctly the first time.
• Customer Satisfaction – Perform all service right the first time; Complete repairs within the specified timeframe; Advise Service Writer of diagnosis, needed repairs and cost estimate
• Sales – Advise Service Writer when additional work is needed on a customer’s boat
• Interdepartmental Relations – Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other dealership personnel; Maintain cooperative relationships with fellow Technicians and Parts personnel; Provide Service Writers with accurate reports of time and work
• Expense Control – Maintain dealership equipment to ensure good working order; Conserve shop supplies as appropriate; Meet or exceed the flat rate time allowances
• Housekeeping/Safety – Follow safety rules and regulations; Keep work area neat, clean and organized at all times; Keep tools clean; Wear proper protective gear
• Professional Development – Keep up to date on latest technical service bulletins, etc.; Attend factory training; Attend additional technical training as necessary
• Department Procedures – Follow company policies and procedures; Complete time cards according to dealership policy; Collect all necessary information before requesting parts; Complete all finished repair orders and return them to the Service Department; Accurately and neatly indicate work completed and time spent on the repair order
• Factory/Dealership Relations – Properly tag all warranty parts; Maintain a cooperative relationship with Service Writer
• Equipment – Keep all equipment in good working order and maintain tools; Advise Service Manager regarding new equipment or equipment in need of repair
• Possess essential mechanical, marine technical skills and tools.
• Possess job-related skills, i.e., welding, plumbing, electrical, etc.
• Knowledge or marine parts and components
• Good health, physical mobility
• Steady, compliant temperament
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• Management courses helpful
• Licensed mechanic preferred
• Minimum 5 years service, parts, shop management experience preferred.
• Professional appearance
• Ability to communicate at a high level, both verbally and in writing
• Organizational and computer skills are required for the position
• Be team-oriented, self-motivated, and process driven
• Have a valid state driver’s license
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background/drug screen