Command and Control Engineer - Associate Level SI&T - Bath M
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bath, ME 04530
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems \(RMS\), we are driven by innovation and integrity\. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee\. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education\. Come and experience your future\!
Support Aegis Combat System Modernization Integration Testing for Aegis DDG class ships under construction at Bath, ME as part of the Aegis Test Team\.
Overall responsibility for supporting test and integration of the Command and Decision \(C&D\), Aegis Display System \(ADS\), and Mission Planner \(MP\) are successful\.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements for the Aegis Weapon System Command and Decision \(C&D\) System\.
• Proper activation and operation of the computing environment; configuration and computer program operation and interface with other Aegis Combat System elements\.
• Engineering support for government furnished tests, analyze test results and report findings for functional tests related to C&D, ADS and MP\.
• Identify and resolve equipment and computer program issues related to C&D, ADS, and MP\.
• Prepare and support computer program and/or equipment changes for the C&D, ADS and MP\.
• Provide training and familiarization with system operation, maintenance, capabilities and limitations to ships force\.
• Provide engineering support for testing and troubleshooting many types of communication interfaces\.
• Assist with computer program and/or equipment changes as necessary to support ship test and integration program\.
• Participate/perform data collection and analysis for summary report\.
• Provide ships force with equipment, operations and
maintenance familiarization throughout the test program\.
• Some travel \(domestic and international\) will be required\.
• Operational and Administrative knowledge of UNIX/
Operating Systems using Command Line Interface \(CLI\) in an X11 windows\-based environment\.
• Experience testing, integrating and troubleshooting VME\-based Single Board Computer and/or High Performance Server\-based systems and demonstrated experience solving complex computer/network system problems\.
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills\.
• Must be physically able to work aboard a U\.S\. Navy ship and support short underway periods\.
• Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office
\(specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point\)\.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance, which requires US citizenship\.
• Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time\.
Familiarity with AEGIS documentation: Computer Program Requirements Specifications \(CPRS\), Interface Design Specification \(IDS\), Computer Program Description Documents \(CPDD\), Combat System Technical Operations Manual \(CSTOM\), Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System \(CSOSS\), Quick Reference Guide \(QRG\)
Ability to read and interpret ships drawings and generate draft LARs/RLARs
Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office \(specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project\)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.