Administrative Assistant IV
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-CT-Farmington | US-ME-Bar Harbor
Administrative Assistant IV
HR, Legal, Safety, and Administrative
This position is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and special projects in support of members of the Clinical Genomics Team, including the Clinical KnowledgeBase (CKB), reporting to the Senior Director, Product Innovation & Commercialization. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to providing the highest quality services and data for research and clinical applications.
The dynamic nature of this work environment requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills, be comfortable under deadlines, proficient in all Microsoft Office products, able to work in a database, strong writing skills for all correspondence and the ability to identify and anticipate highly varied needs. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to confidentially handle highly sensitive information while exercising professional discretion. To learn more about this group at JAX, visit: .
- Clinical KnowledgeBase (CKB) related responsibilities:
- Manage complex and multifaceted billing process for software-related products;
- Utilize self-starter mentatlity to independently improve back-end process flow for software business;
- Manage timely execution and record-keeping of license agreements and confidentiality agreements;
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to track deliverables for marketing materials, trade shows, workshops, and related activities.
- Strategic Commercialization related responsibilities:
- Coordinate with legal department to track progress/execution status of:CDAs;
License agreements, both for CKB and non-CKB related activities;
Other agreements-in-progress important to business development activities.
- Support market research efforts by compiling pertinent information on target customers or companies from company websites, venture capital databases, LinkedIn, and other publicly available and proprietary sources;
- Track progress of various business development discussions by maintaining relevant information on status, next steps, person(s) responsible for next actions, due dates, etc.
- Performs basic and advanced administrative functions, including scheduling meetings; arranging travel and compiling travel expense reports; managing calendars; planning events; and other special projects as needed.
- High School diploma and knowledge of administrative processes as would typically be acquired through 10 years of work in a senior management support environment;
- Ability to multi-task a variety of assignments while maintaining focus and professionalism, along with adaptability to changing priorities and tasks;
- Must be self-motivated, with ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to manage details, consistently and accurately, with discretion, tact, and diplomacy;
- Mastery of computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé, and be prepared to provide names and contact information for three references.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, credit check, pre-employment physical, and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.