Precision Machinist 1st Class 2nd shift with Sign on Bonus up to $2000
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewiston, ME 04240
General Description: Operator sets up and operates equipment required to produce and maintain tools, fixtures and parts in accordance with specifications.
Essential Job Functions:*
• Obtains material, supplies and specifications necessary to meet job requirements.
• Verifies that starting materials and supplies are dimensionally correct.
• Sets up and operates equipment in conformance with specifications with no supervision.
• Performs in-process inspection of his/her work using applicable measuring devices
• Completes required inspection documents and production reports
• Delivers completed products to the next operation
• Learns to set up and operate new equipment
• Assists others in set up and operation procedures
• May clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
• Keeps work area neat and orderly
• Follows all company safety policies and procedures and reports all accidents, hazards and equipment problems
• Performs other duties as required
• 2 year secondary school degree in machining technology (i.e., CMTC), or a minimum of 3 years recent machine shop experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions
• Ability to use basic hand measuring tools
• Must have a clear understanding of customer prints and drawings
• Basic computer proficiency, including documentation data entry and report generation
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Permanent position requires candidate to pass written test, as well as proof of competency tests, which include demonstration of ability to produce actual parts in specific processes.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:*
• Must be able to lift and maneuver up to fifty (50) pound
• Routinely operates/uses equipment, machines, and tools requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20
• Routinely communicates face-to-face
• Routinely performs duties in production floor environment
• Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees including bending, twisting, pulling and stopping
• Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time or for an entire work shift
• Must be able to wear protective gear