Aide-Restorative Nurse (Full Time)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04098
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Restorative Aide delivers efficient and effective restorative nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will provide care within the standards of practice as accorded by Certification. The Restorative Aide functions under the direction of the licensed nurse and in consultation with Rehabilitation to promote the patient’s ability to attain, and maintain his/her maximum functional potential and prevent decline.
1. Oversees, directs and participates in restorative programs initiated for individual patients;
2. Communicates with the Nursing and Rehabilitation Departments concerning goal setting and approaches to individual patient needs;
3. Participates in care planning process;
4. Provides safe restorative care;
5. Responsible for facilitating the transition of patients from skilled rehab services to the restorative programs;
6. Maintains accurate restorative nursing progress/documentation records on all patients participating in any restorative program;
7. Uses Point Click Care (PCC — ADL POC) according to the Business Processes, if applicable;
8. Trains other direct care staff in restorative techniques and assists in providing that care;
9. Instructs and assists other direct care staff with the application of splints, braces, prosthetic appliances, and self-help devices to assure proper application and usage;
10. Notifies Nursing and/or Rehab of patients who may be experiencing a change in their level of functioning;
11. Maintains proficiency in using wheelchairs, walkers, canes, lifts, scales and other equipment used in the restorative programs, and is able to instruct others in their use;
12. Assists in communicating with patients and families concerning patient progress;
13. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
14. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
15. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual’s needs, choices and preferences;
16. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
17. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
18. May be requested to function as CNA if needed;
19. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program.2. Two years’ experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant and knowledge of restorative nursing philosophy and procedures.3. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.4. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn.5. Must attend a minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center in order to maintain certification.6. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 336031
Center Name: Springbrook Center
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.