Associate Technology Services Support Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Associate Technology Services Support Specialist
The Technology Services Support Specialist provides troubleshooting assistance on assigned technology products to Tyler clients and employees. He/she is responsible for diagnosing and solving client issues in a timely and courteous manner, working independently or with other Technical Support staff. He/she is also responsible for developing documentation and methodologies to enable the Product Support teams and clients with the ability to perform basic troubleshooting for assigned technology products.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Provide phone and email support to Tyler Technical Support clients and on-site Implementation staff.
- Conduct advanced diagnosis of defects with assigned technology products; document, reproduce and notify Technology Analysts and/or Development of findings.
- Resolve client inquiries and issues in a timely manner; communicate closure effectively through email and phone communications.
- Document and record all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
- Manage open calls by identifying and prioritizing issues according to published policies.
- Identify and meet service measurements and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Evaluate technical issues and escalate to senior team member or department member if additional expertise or assistance is needed.
- Collaborate with other teams, departments and divisions with issues pertaining to applicable software applications.
- Work closely with software developers to troubleshoot using tools such as Web Service Studio; demonstrate a solid understanding of web services and other new technologies.
- Provide assistance to clients for products in their subject matter area of expertise as needed, including but not limited to: Tyler Content Manager, Dashboard, Tyler Cashiering, Dashboard Central and Munis Self Service.
- Create documentation and troubleshooting methodologies to assist the other Tyler Technical Support teams with troubleshooting basic issues with assigned technology products.
- Whenever possible, create external documentation that clients can use to resolve their own issues without requiring assistance from the Technical Support team.
- Assist Technology Training Specialists with developing training classes and identifying training needs.
- Continually develop product expertise by working with the Technology Analysts and Specialists to review new functionality and product updates.
- Follow documented Tyler Technologies policies and procedures.
- Respect the client’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, accounting or related field, or comparable work experience.
- Proficiency using computers and exposure to relational databases or SQL desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Ability to create clear, concise troubleshooting documentation.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, networking, XML, IIS, Tomcat, SQL Server and Active Directory
- Solid understanding of Genero Application Server web services and how to diagnose issues using tools such as Web Service Studio.
- Two or more years of experience in Technical Support department desired.
- Experience with Tyler Content Manager and/or Tyler Dashboard desired.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.