Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Do you have passion for quality and software development? Do you like to write tests that challenge a products reliability and usability? Do you like to build things, take them apart, and make them better than they were before? If so, we want to talk to you! Tyler Technologies is currently seeking a creative, enthusiastic and highly motivated QA Automation Engineer who will join our dedicated automation group in our Maine office. In this position, you will create automated tests for web applications, execute tests, analyze results, and contribute to our automation framework.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Design, develop, execute, maintain, and troubleshoot automated tests to assess product quality and release readiness.
- Consistently improve and contribute to our in-house Selenium based automation Framework.
- Coordinate with teams across Tyler to assure test code coverage and product quality.
- Analyze complex software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with the skill development of other members of the team to ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with the QA staff and software developers.
- 2-5 years’ experience designing, implementing, and executing automated tests.
- Proven expertise in the ability to write code in C.# or other relatable scripting languages.
- Proven expertise with Selenium Webdriver is preferred.
- Experience in software quality assurance.
- Experience writing and executing simple SQL queries.
- Experience with some of the following tools is beneficial: TFS, Bitbucket, GitHub
SQL Server Management Studio
- Able to quickly assess and become knowledgeable about subject matter.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable engaging cross-functional partners including development teams, system architects, product management, and Support.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable work experience in Automation or Software Development.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.