Product Owner -Payers/Healthcare
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
*As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.*
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Product Owner -Payers/Healthcare
This role will be responsible for overall oversight and management of the System Implementation Program. The Product Owner will supervise the implementation of all business and technical projects under the System Implementation Program and ensure coordination and optimal resource balancing. He/she will create and maintain the master project schedule, produce weekly program status reports, and lead all program-level risk/issue remediation efforts. The Product Owner is responsible for all program-wide resources including but not limited to employees, consultants, contractors, and or vendors. The Product Owner will manage the budget and provide updates on a monthly basis.
Responsible for the overall management of the System Implementation Program overseeing the following aspects of the initiative:
- Governance: Defining roles and responsibilities, and providing oversight
- Management: Execution of programs goals and objectives
- Financial management: Implementation of specific fiscal practices and controls
- Infrastructure: Facilities, technology, and other factors in the work environment supporting the program effort
- Planning: Scheduling and resource balancing activities and projects so that all teams are optimally aligned
- Provide strategic direction ensuring that all phases of the System Implementation Program are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked and accepted
- Leads Project Governance meetings and ensures all Risks, Actions, Issues, and Decisions are captured and resolved
- Accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of all program elements.
- Leads high-level sessions for program plan and schedule development
- Define and execute the implementation of the system and associated applications
- Reviews/approves project plans for conformance to program strategy and program plan and schedule.
- Coordinate and focus all efforts related to the system implementation projects including but not limited to requirements definition, hardware and software installation, network communications, system configuration, data conversion, reporting and electronic data interchange
- Ensure the alignment of the system configuration with strategic/operational requirements while maximizing administrative efficiencies and automation
- Acts as the communications conduit to executive sponsors and program steering committee and conducts periodic briefings/status updates.
- Escalates decisions to executive sponsors as necessary.
- Assist Business Units with process alignment and organizational readiness in relation to the implementation of the system and other major system implementations
- Coordinate training and knowledge transfer between the technical teams, business units, and corporate operations departments
- Determines, fosters and supports ways to encourage collaboration and understanding across all teams within the program
- Ensures all program documentation is cataloged and archived
- Executes a Change Management Process that tightly manages scope and changes to the program’s guiding principles
- Ensures on-going timely communication to the executive management and the user community on the statuses of the program
- Fosters and supports efforts to implement System Implementation practices, policies and procedures and standards
- Directs, motivates, delegates and empowers management staff in the successful operation of their teams while encouraging innovation.
- Must have prior program management and core system implementation in a managed care setting
- Must have core system configuration experience
- Must have experience running multifaceted projects that include a variety of technical and business tracks – from planning through implementation
- Must have contingency planning and risk mitigation experience
- Must have experience in requirements gathering and software development lifecycle
- Must have experience defining project resource models and creating and managing the master program schedule
- Must have 10+ years of hands on experience in a managed care environment ideally having worked in a number of the departments responsible for health plan operations.
- Must have experience running projects with budgets of over $10 million and 75 participants
- Must expertise in project management, resource coordination, risk assessment and mitigation, deliverable tracking and review, facilities administration, contract management, managing technical teams, end-user training and model office testing
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Must have a high level of self-motivation and be able to work both independently as well as with a team
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly to all levels of an organization
- Must be a quick and creating problem solver
- Must have experience assessing team performance and making changes as needed
- QNXT system implementation experience is a major plus
- PMI certification a plus
- This position requires 10 years of experience managing Healthcare IT projects.
- Must have experience running projects with budgets of over $500 million and with 50 team members virtually on/offshore.
- This position requires healthcare implementation experience and prior experience in healthcare technology knowledge of healthcare insurance, Provider Network, EDI, Medical Claims Processing, Medical Claims Billing, Revenue Cycle Management Applications, Medicare, Medicaid including hospital/management consulting and/or healthcare experience with workflow design/re-design and system implementation efforts.
- Travel: 75% – Monday – Thursday. Travel frequency may be higher during project ramp-up and implementation phases as needed
- Track record of success directing the efforts Program/Project Manager/Product Owner in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Product Owner
*… For full info follow application link.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.