Senior Front End Engineer, Public Safety
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Senior Front End Engineer, Public Safety
Do you want to help create software that supports first responder safety and day-to-day operations for Law Enforcement and Fire agencies? The Senior Software Engineer position suits individuals who thrive in dynamic, collaborative environments that provide significant opportunity for knowledge and career growth. The Public Safety Enterprise Records team is a group of passionate, thought leading technologists who engage with end users regularly to craft best-in-breed Public Safety software. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for collaborating with engineering, product and QA teams to design and implement high quality, scalable applications for the Enterprise Records platform.
Candidates for this position could be located at Public Safety’s Troy, Michigan office, or any of our major Tyler office locations, specifically Troy, Renton, Plano, Duluth, Dayton, Yarmouth, or Lakewood. We are also open to remote candidates.
Work with our integrated solutions that help courts and public safety organizations of all sizes better protect and serve the public. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and make communities safer.
Troy, Renton, Plano, Duluth, Dayton, Yarmouth, Lakewood or Remote
- Provide business value by solving market problems that support first responder safety and operations for Law Enforcement and Fire agencies.
- Work in an agile environment through all phases of the software development life cycle including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Apply your technical skills, creativity, and problem-solving skills in designing, developing and maintaining highly scalable and responsive web applications.
- Work and collaborate with a cross-functional team of product owners, UX designers, architects, developers and QA/automation engineers.
- Be a mentor and inspire
- Embrace learning and take initiative to stay current with industry trends and technology
- Bring new ideas and approaches to the team
- Coordinate effectively across local and remote product teams
- Clearly communicates ideas between Product, Development, QA and Leadership
- Understanding of design principles for building and deploying highly available and scalable enterprise business web applications.
- Strong test automation (unit, integration, performance) perspective and experience
- Fluency with .Net, C.#, REST APIs, JSON, SQL
- Exposure to domain driven design and micro-service architectures
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and build/deploy tooling.
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a highly complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple commitments, maintaining potentially aggressive timelines while ensuring a high level of quality in deliverables.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work tasks effectively.
- Ability to provide mentorship/guidance to junior engineers on technologies, architecture, design patterns and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally; including an occasional presentation.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team across functional groups.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.