Mechanical Engineer II-IV
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waterboro, ME 04087
Mechanical Engineer II\-IV
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi\-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide\. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch\. Things that move people\. Protect soldiers\. Power industries\. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems\.
Howe & Howe Technologies is seeking talented mechanical engineers to join our team\. As a mechanical engineer you will perform a variety of assignments including detailed mechanical design, engineering analysis and system integration design\. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to operate in a fast\-paced R&D environment\. For more information on the products developed by the Howe & Howe Technologies team, please visit http://www\.howeandhowe\.com/
- Develop imaginative, thorough, practicable technical solutions to a wide range of difficult engineering problems\.
- Contribute to concept development as part of internal cross functional design teams, including prototyping and production support\.
- Generate statements of work and monitor outside contractor performance
- Conduct liaison activities with sub\-contractors and external manufactures as well as internal and external customers at all levels\.
- Oversee unit level testing and integration activities performed by junior staff, ensuring accuracy and completeness\.
- Perform detailed design of mechanical structures and subsystems using solid modeling, drafting, requirements analysis, mechanical analysis including structural and thermal, drafting and tolerance analysis\.
- Prepare high quality engineering documentation such as specifications and drawings to support the fabrication team and sub\-contractors\.
- Drive tasks to completion independently
Qualifications for All Levels:
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products \(i\.e\., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint\)\.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including preparation of design documentation\.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively against deadlines and time constraints\.
- Effective presentation skills\.
- Familiarity with and ability to use computer aided design tools is required; Solidworks preferred\.
- Hands on mechanical ability and understanding of vehicle systems is required\.
- Experience in DOD environment is preferred
- Able to obtain/maintain a government secret security clearance preferred
- Ability to work a compressed work week schedule
Specific to Level II Engineer
- All qualifications above, plus experience with mechanism development, generating free body diagrams, performing basic static/dynamic/structural hand calculations, prototyping, packaging, and performance specifications\.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of related experience, Master’s Degree with 1 years related experience
Specific to Level III Engineer
- All qualifications above, plus working knowledge of ANSI Y 14\.5 dimensioning and tolerancing to develop meaningful design documentation\.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of related experience, Master’s Degree with 3 years related experience
- Ability to lead design efforts & project teams
- Able to obtain/maintain a government secret security clearance
Specific to Level IV Engineer
- All qualifications above, plus experience serving as a project lead and mentoring others required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years related work experience; Master’s Degree with 8 or more years related work experience preferred
How We Care
At Howe & Howe, our talented people make us successful\. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives\.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop\. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace\. Below are just a few examples\!
\- Flexible Work Schedules
\- Education Assistance
\- Career Development & Training Opportunities
\- Wellness Program \(including Fitness Reimbursement\)
\- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401\(K\) with Company Funding
\- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
We are dedicated to hiring Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-ME\-Waterboro
Recruiting Company Textron Systems: Howe & Howe Technologies, Inc\.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 282022