Switchboard Operator- Scarborough Surgery Center
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04070
- Position is responsible forhandling a multi-line switchboard in a multi-physician specialty hospitaloutpatient clinic.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Previous medical office experience helpful.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of individual responsibilities to accurately direct callers.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring calls and paging.
- Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by callers and patients.
- Prevents, calms, or defuses irate callers and patients by working with them to identify concerns and properly directs calls.
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128954
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.