Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
- Under close supervision and according to established policies and procedures, relays incoming and outgoing telephone calls and operates overhead paging system as appropriate. Identifies and responds to “code” fire and disaster plan procedures per the MMC and BMC location policies. Provides general information to callers in accordance with MMC and HIPAA policies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Completion of high school diploma plus up to one year on-the-job training experience in a high volume operator or switchboard role which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to operate paging, public address, and telephone systems, hospital extensions, departments, names of key hospital personnel and hospital policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with a wide variety of hospital personnel, patients and outside callers in gathering and exchanging approved information. Must convey a pleasant, helpful, caring attitude.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to eighty percent (80%) work time when answering, transferring and relaying incoming phone calls and maintaining records.
- Ability to retain large numbers of names, departments and extensions.
- Ability to exercise judgement in sensitive situations and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to answer calls in 2 rings, access patient location, admissions, transfers, and discharges etc. Ability to transmit information appropriate to HIPPAA regulations. Orally in order to provide approved status information to callers..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128951
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.