Lead Direct Support Professional
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04098
The Residential Lead is responsible for enhancing the quality of life for consumers served and promoting a positive work environment for Direct Support Professionals. The Residential Lead will accomplish this work through collaborative efforts with other direct care staff and the Residential Manager. With the support of a residential team the Residential Lead is responsible for maintaining a successful program and healthy milieu for staff and consumers. The Residential Lead’s work is driven by the agency’s mission to improve the quality of life by supporting independence.
• Be adequately prepared for and attend all PCP and team meetings.
• Provide input to develop and implement all written Individual Service Plans.
• Ensure that consumers receive medical, psychiatric and other services as necessary and follow informed consent procedures.
• Coordinate consumer appointments and transportation needs.
• Attend psychiatric, urgent and critical care appointments, as needed.
• Identify different communication abilities of consumers and support/assist them in participating in their PCP and other team meetings.
• Maintain confidential consumer information files.
• The Residential Lead will be required to provide the services of a Direct Support Professional.
• Attend all training as needed to obtain and maintain certifications.