Donor Center Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, ME 04210
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a customer-focused, compassionate individual to contact blood donors and schedule appointments in our Auburn, ME location.
SCHEDULE IS Sunday through Thursday. Hours vary. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (10:30-7:00p), Thursday (8:00-4:30PM) Sunday (6:30a-3:00p)
Position is for Auburn Maine Twin Cities Fixed Site
As an Donor Center Coordinator , you can play a direct role in our life-saving mission, ensuring that others continue to receive the gift of life!
· Recruit prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by direct to donor facing and telerecruitment with individuals to make donation appointments. Serve as lead recruitment presence for a fixed site. Contact active, lapsed, platelet and occasional whole blood donors to increase the frequency of donations and increase the number of donors at fixed sites to meet the collections goals. Identify donors who can be converted to platelet, plasma, or Power Red donations based on blood type and donation history. Positively impact the quality of service to donors and groups, increasing the availability of blood products. Coordinate reminder calls, follow-up, logging of data, maintenance of records and special projects to achieve established goals.
- Minimum one year of telemarketing, sales, customer service or call center experience is required. Some college preferred.
- Variable schedule to include possible holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Computer experience, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required
- Willingness to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to be managed remotely
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with donors, and internally with team members and other departments)
- Effective phone skills i.e., well spoken, excellent active listening skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Outgoing, friendly, compassionate personality
- Ability to meet and/or exceed assigned goals
- Effective verbal and persuasive communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced environment is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights?
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.