Care Transitions Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Care Transitions Coordinator (20001352)
What You Will Do:
The Care TransitionsCoordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers toensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to homecare or hospice environment. Theposition has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) followingthe receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directlycommunicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient’stransition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing thereferral relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance withAmedisys policies and procedures.
- After a patient has selectedAmedisys as his or her health care provider, the Care Transitions Coordinatorvisits the patient onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient’sclinical needs and gather clinical information. The Care TransitionsCoordinator uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referredpatient data onsite and transmit it to the agency. The Care Transitions Coordinator alsofacilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing educationand obtaining the necessary information required for successful transition tohome.
- TheCare Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring the patient has aphysician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home healthplan of care.
- Faceto Face documentation must also be noted in Point of Service computer andcommunicated to appropriate care center.
- TheCare Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for establishing, growing andmaintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordancewith Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existingreferral sources and identifying new opportunities.
- TheCare Transitions Coordinator has a strong focus to help reduce ACH 30 day-hospitalizations.
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with one (1 ) year experience in sales.
- One (1 ) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
2. Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
Experience in Home Health or healthcare business development.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.