Budget & Reimbursement Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04332
Position Summary: Performs various finance functions relating to capital/fixed assets, assigned general ledger accounts, budgeting, variance reporting, and cost report preparation. Reviews financial information and ensures accuracy of accounts. Assists Controller with preparation for the annual financial audit and third party audits.
Job Related Responsibilities:
1. Works with assigned leaders leading the development of the Capital budget. Prepares and distributes Capital budget workbook to Managers. Reviews capital items requested for proper classification.
2. Works with assigned leaders in developing the Operating budgets including revenue and expenses. Maintains the budget software program. Prepares and distributes budget workbooks to Managers, enters data into the budget software and assists with questions. Reviews budgets for completeness and accuracy. Distributes final budgets to assigned leaders and loads data into the GL system.
3. Gathers all required data and prepares assigned Medicare, Medicaid and VA cost reports annually. Responds to State audit requests.
4. Distributes and analyses monthly financial variance reports. Acts as a resource for managers to help explain variances.
5. Maintains the fixed asset system by entering assets using proper asset classification and useful life criteria, entering disposals, calculating depreciation expense, and preparing and posting required journal entries on a monthly basis. Reconciles fixed asset and depreciation accounts on a monthly basis.
6. Prepares grant requests for VA Capital grant projects.
Essential Functions of the Job:
+ A minimum of five years’ experience in accounting field, Bachelor’s Degree required
+ Proficient computer skills and attention to detail.
+ Excellent interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills.
+ Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Keyword: Budget & Reimbursement Specialist
From: Maine Veterans’ Homes