Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. TRC is ranked .#19 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC’s vision is to solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community and project by project. We value Safety, Quality, Integrity, Creativity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Passion.
We currently have an opportunity for an Intern in our Scarborough, Maine office location. This paid summer intern opportunity will work for TRC’s Planning, Permitting, and Licensing Team. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including electric transmission, natural gas pipeline, renewable energy (wind/solar), as well as transportation and other development projects.
- Assist on current environmental permitting and compliance projects
- Assist with wetland delineations, wildlife and plant surveys, and other biological field work
- Document research and field investigation
- Assist with developing and writing reports and environmental permitting documents
- Network with company professionals
- Bachelor’s degree, or near completion of degree, in environmental science, biology, ecology, natural resources, or related field
- Excellent data collection, technical writing and communication skills
- Comfort in the outdoors and ability to maintain a positive attitude during year-round field work in a variety of weather conditions
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Job Preferred Skills:
- The successful candidate will also be able to perform well with minimal supervision and have familiarity with GPS and GIS technologies
- The candidate should have a strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
There is no relocation offered for this opportunity. Seeking local candidates only.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at .
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled