Associate Sales Representative - Reconstruction &
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Do you have a passion for having a real impact on people’s health and well-being? Are you self-motivated and high energy? Are you looking for a chance to work in the operating room setting, supporting a tenured team in a high-pressure environment? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our Reconstruction & Trauma team.
Associate Sales Representative – Reconstruction & Trauma
The Associate Sales Representative is an Entry Level Sales Position responsible for shadowing and supporting a sales team of Sr. Reps. within an assigned territory with selling, account maintenance, customer in-service, transporting inventory between accounts and eventually covering cases for sales reps within certain accounts.
This is an On-call role requiring you to work early mornings and/or late nights, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to assist and train hospital personnel in the proper use and care of products and equipment.
- Ability to learn and maintain a high level of technical information as it relates to surgery and procedures.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and availability understanding this is an on-call role.
- Receives and maintains structured product/sales training assessments to transition into an assigned Sales Rep role territory once trained.
- Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Orthopaedic product line along with business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for Orthopaedic products.
- Supports the district sales targets by supporting existing accounts as well as developing and executing a plan to develop new business opportunities.
- Must pass all classroom and on the job training assessments.
- Establishes regular performance evaluations to ensure targeted development of the essential quantitative and qualitative metrics for territory growth (technical/clinical/procedural/relational/financial).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or Equivalent years B2B sales experience.
- 2+ years of B2B Sales experience or experience in an Operating Room as an Emergency Medical Technician or in a related field such as Physical Education or Therapy is preferred.
- Clinical knowledge/experience a great plus.
- Personal integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew’s career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.