Security Officer I - Security
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
- Under the general direction of a security manager, supervisor, or management designee, the security officer will monitor the healthcare environment to help prevent security incidents from occurring and deescalate incidents as they emerge. He or she will help generate a feeling of personal safety and good will among staff, patients, and visitors. The security officer may provide protective services and, with sufficient training, patient restraints as deemed necessary by medical staff. The security officer will also assist with the development and coordination of related departmental policies, procedures, and programs, in accordance with federal, state, OSHA, and NIOSH regulations.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Associate s Degree is preferred.
- License/Certifications: A valid, acceptable State of Maine driver s license is required for all associates with a maximum of four accrued penalty points. International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification is required within the first 12 months of employment. Certified in Management of Aggressive Behavior and CPR is required within in first 90 days of employment.
- Experience: 6 months of healthcare security experience preferred. Other security or public safety experience is a plus, with an emphasis on providing a safe and dignified environment for all types of people in stressful situations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to respond to a wide range of patients with a variety of sensitivities as well as communicate as necessary with managers and administrators.
- Excellent ability to identify gaps and solve problems.
- Strong customer service background is required.
- Ability to operate multiple software applications..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128265
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.