Corporate Transportation Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Support department process change and drive solutions
– Partner with carriers and freight auditor to ensure information accuracy
– Maintain key performance indicators
– Support large scale Transportation specific projects
– Solve complex problems
– Ad hoc analysis to support day to day operations/decision making
– Monitor dashboards for trends
– Generate ideas and solutions based on operational and industry knowledge
– Present information cross functionally, and to varying levels of management
– Bachelors degree in supply chain related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Two to three years of experience necessary in supply chain or transportation analytics or management.
– Project management experience.
– Ability to work with large data sets.
– Process improvement skills. LEAN experience a plus.
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
– Competency with Microsoft office suite. Experience with SAP, TMS platforms.
– Ability to work independently, or within a team.
– Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
– Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
– Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
– Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
– May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
– Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
– Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
– Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
– Fluency in the English language.
– Extended hours may be required.
– Some travel required.
– General office environment or light laboratory/industrial, with some areas to assemble equipment, decontaminate potential biohazards and bench repair instruments.
– Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.
Employer’s Job# IDEXUSJ011988ENUS
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.