Medical Technologist MT / MLT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
- The Medical Technologist independently performs and monitors laboratory testing of patient specimens according to established procedures and regulatory requirements. Confirms, interprets, correlates and reports normal and abnormal patient results. Recognizes technical, instrumental and/or physiological problems and initiates resolutions. Assumes responsibility for accuracy, quality control and required instrument maintenance. May provide training of laboratory and/or other health care personnel as directed.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory, Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science required.
- License/Certifications: Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: N/A
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend, and travel among company sites as needed.
WHY WORK HERE
Inside and out, you ll find what you re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, Maine Medical Center has the depth and scope of services and opportunities that can challenge the new graduate or the experienced professional. We are committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals. We are proud to be part of the MaineHealth family, Maine s largest integrated health system of leading high-quality providers and other healthcare organizations.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine s largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program, Paid Parental Leave, and discounted home and auto insurance. You ll also enjoy the employee discounts you ll receive with our Perks Card and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status .
Employer’s Job# 128219
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.