Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland , ME 04101
Head Teller at our beautiful Baxter Blvd. Portland Branch!
Come join a dynamic and collaborative team and a Best Places to Work in Maine Credit Union!! We offer exceptional benefits (free employee medical and free family dental) and a member focused working environment! Training and advancement opportunities!!
We’re proud to be voted Best Places to Work for EIGHT years in a row!
Infinity Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action Employer. EEOC/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Assumes responsibility for vault operations and performs a variety of duties to provide member
services by receiving and paying out cash, and keeping accurate records of all monies involved in
paying and receiving transactions, and acting in accordance with credit union security and/or
regulatory requirements. Includes assisting the Branch Manager with work schedules,
directing the Tellers in the efficient handling of member situations, and assisting with the daily
workload in processing member transactions. Handles all customer and teller interactions/
transactions, in a professional, courteous, and confidential manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Solely responsible for vault security and accuracy of vault operations. Performs daily balancing of vault. Disburses/deposits cash to/from the vault upon receipt of a Teller’s cash disbursement/ deposit slip. Ensures the vault is locked during business hours, and maintains the safety of the vault combination.
• Ensures the adequacy of the office currency and coin supplies. Replenish this supply weekly by ordering currency and coin through our cash vendor.
• Maintain the proper security of the lobby area, which includes the verification of the locks on the safe and office doors. Assist in ensuring Tellers keep their cash drawers closed and locked when not in use.
• Assist in administrative, clerical, and telephone functions, and in processing daily mail as necessary.
• Assist manager in coaching and mentoring teller staff to bring them to their full potential.
• Ensure that the Tellers are functioning smoothly in a team environment during business hours by adequately staffing the teller line at all times; maintain a teller drawer to provide coverage and to ensure that lobby traffic is handled in an efficient manner.
• Assist Tellers and members with inquiries for account status, current balances, loan payoffs, problem resolution, etc. Provide routine information regarding services, membership eligibility, rates, policies, and credit union business.
• Assist Tellers in handling complex member transactions, and balancing the daily settlement.
• Review non-member on-us checks for negotiability and approval within the limits assigned.
• Promote and cross-sell credit union services, answer questions and refer members to Sales and Service department for specialized services.
• Train new Tellers as prescribed by management to assure proper handling of member transactions.
• Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
• May act as a member service representative in a backup capacity.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
• High School graduate, though a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated for sales, prospecting, sales planning, selling to member needs
• High energy level with excellent presentation skills
• Exemplary professionalism
• Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
• Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis
• Ability to lift up to 55 pounds