Hospice OnCall Afterhours Registered Nurse RN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Hospice OnCall Afterhours Registered Nurse RN (19010091)
What You Will Do:
As an on-call and triage nurse for Amedisys hospice you will respond to telephone requests for assistance and perform home visits for hospice and palliative care patients and families in their home setting after-hours and on weekends.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, referrals, and requests for assistance, completes admissions into care, and make follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, patient’s needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, clinical manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required.
- Maintain flow of communication between in-house staff, field staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and services.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in patient care conferences.
- Currentand unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse. An employee is thisrole is only able to provide clinical guidance to patients in states in whichthe employee possesses a current and unencumbered license.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents thefollowing: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse tohave one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in otherstates (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law andregulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have amulti-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experiencerequired.
- CurrentCPR certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- Previous hospice or homecare experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.