Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our BioAnalytics team to support the Preclinical business segment. The IDEXX BioAnalytics (IBA) business is a dynamic and growing business focused on research, biologics and animal health diagnostic services. The customer base includes principal investigators, laboratory animal veterinarians and research core facility managers. These customers are found in academia, pharmaceutical, biotech and contract research organizations (CRO).
The Preclinical business segment is a is a key strategic growth area for IDEXX BioAnalytics and continues to realize double-digit revenue growth. Preclinical is lab service provided to the pharmaceutical & bio pharmaceutical industries, to conduct Dx testing for drugs and disease state cures being reviewed for market launch.
Responsible for product management and/or strategic direction for a portfolio of product offerings. Responsibilities include marketing programs, technical programs, strategy, planning, product definition, and/or financial return for the functional area. Responsibilities include product design, market segmentation, launch, maintenance and growth. This person will serve as a subject matter expert on product and possess high level of technical acumen. Products may include worldwide responsibility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Responsible for the product roadmap and/or product positioning which includes creating, updating and maintaining the marketing materials and supporting campaigns, identifying and selecting marketing opportunities, and developing communication strategies.
– Assist/define/establish strategic direction for worldwide product lines consistent with overall LOB strategy, IDEXX mission and direction.
– Assist/define/establish/achieve all financial and other objectives for the product lines.
– Assist/responsible for long-term strategy, annual revenue and operating performance, customer loyalty, and development of a product management team.
– Develop and implement products and features to maximize IDEXX s return from targeted markets.
– Identify customer needs and market trends and recommend/responsible for pricing strategies. Research competitor products and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations. Gather insights to shape the direction of the product.
– Assist/develop product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, and product updates for organizational marketing materials.
– Assist/develop/coordinate new idea reviews and recommendations, concept and design development, project management, and market introduction.
– Assist/develop/implement market segmentation strategy with marketing managers to clearly define customer s current requirements and their future needs.
– Recommend/responsible for financial pricing and strategies of assigned product areas.
– Define target markets and segmentation and clarify product commercial potential.
– Prepare/present reports and other information summarizing work activities. Prepare/present various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
– Coordinate with marketing, research and development, sales, finance and others to manage projects and ensure overall product success.
– Communicate with customers to gain feedback on user product experiences and opportunities. Ensure correct features are identified, taking into account customers, sales, finance, related lines of business and others. Prioritize and negotiate to build best possible set of features to be included and developed in the new products.
– Promote/train product advantages and benefits to IDEXX employees, key vendors and others.
– Manage projects to develop and improve products, coordinating internal resources as well as customer input to ensure products are completed and delivered on schedule and are positioned for commercial success.
– Plan/lead/execute product development activities and projects through all phases.
– Create project plans, determine project teams, gather necessary resources and implement projects. Manage projects, report on progress and ensure successful conclusions.
– Develop/maintain knowledge of Company products and services as well as changes and developments
Employer’s Job# IDEXUSJ013210ENUS
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.