Environmental Services Technician/Housekeeping - St. Andrews Village
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
- The environmental service technician ( housekeeper ) performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. He or she will work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. The environmental service technician ( housekeeper ) will demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and all interactions with staff, patients or residents and visitors will be carried out with due regard for respect and confidentiality. Work for this role can take place in a variety of difficult and demanding settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses. Schedule includes rotating weekends and holidays.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128187
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.