Software Testing Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
About the Role
We are seeking a Software Tester who has a passion for evaluating products by using exploration and experimentation techniques. This person should have a strong desire to question, study, model, observe and infer product behavior for the purpose of drawing out critical information for product owners, developers, fellow testers and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will be part of developing the test strategy within your agile team, work in an integrated and collaborative fashion with the rest of the test, development and business team and communicate frequently with the entire product team about all critical product information discovered.
– Design and develop the test strategy for product changes in collaboration with the development and product owner team members
– Innovate with the software development and test team members on finding ways to use automation on the product for discovering deeper levels of product information
– Inspecting and running queries against a SQL database.
– Participate in and contribute to code reviews for both product and automation code
– Document product information in a timely, clear, concise, thoughtful and respectful way
– Communicate any risks quickly and accurately with the rest of the team
– Help with code release handoff to other departments such as support, marketing and training
What You ll Bring
– Ability to think deeply about how product may not work or may fail in a way that threatens the value of the product or the business strategy
– B.S. Computer Science/Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
– Knowledge of Context Driven Testing and RST methodology
– Knowledge of computer hardware including processors, RAM, hard drives, I/O, etc.
– Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux
– Familiar with reviewing logs to diagnose software and system issues
– Passion for developing software products and collaborating with a technical team
– Experience with GitHub, Jira, TestRail, Confluence, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, and other common development tools
Employer’s Job# IDEXUSJ013323ENUS
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.