Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
Job ID: R90824
ME Portland-One Monument Sq (25006), United States of America, PORTLAND, Maine
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Process all forms of customer payments into the Accounts Receivable system; research and apply payments and merchant issued credits; review and distribute correspondence; resolve payment issues with customers and merchants; post customer adjustments and fees into the system; prepare various reconciliations; other tasks related to retention of accurate accounting records.
- Research, post, and apply:Daily check payments from the lockbox that did not automatically post via the electronic data submission (non-postables);Incoming ACH B2B payments (intraday)
- Manage lockbox correspondence
- Post and apply merchant ACH (customer) payments; send notifications
- Work daily Open on Account assignments
- Resolve all unapplied cash in a timely and accurate manner, as defined by department metrics
- Enter Level I customer adjustments and fees into the Accounts Receivable system:- Verify reasonableness of adjustments before posting and validate adherence to BTF authority matrix
- Answer calls incoming to the Accounting phone queue
- Process requests to the group mailboxes
- Process tasks assigned to self and to Finance in the Accounts Receivable system
- Web Reconciliations
- Reconcile customer accounts for disputed balances and disputed payment application, as requested by internal and external parties
- Scan documents and maintain projects in Image Silo
- Complete vendor forms as requested by customers
- Other projects as assigned
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with coworkers, customers, and merchants in a courteous and professional manner.
- Basic math skills and understanding of accounting concepts; familiarity with cash application; experience in payables, receivables, and/or general bookkeeping duties.
- Must be PC literate, possess strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Be analytical and inquisitive
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete responsibilities in a timely manner
- Sense of urgency for deadlines
- Work well with minimal supervision, but effectively as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills should foster approachability
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- 2 or more years of Accounting or Banking experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Military Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.