Protection & Control Engineer II/III (Utility)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Overview: Responsibility for relay protection & control engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation and transmission projects through 500kV. The Senior Protection & Control Engineer will lead highly complex projects and will develop the engineering deliverables for electric substation projects – including the development of: one & three line diagrams; schematics and wiring diagrams; relay settings and calculations; control and relaying panel layouts and specifications; control and relaying panel and equipment wiring diagrams; SCADA system and communications interfaces including RTUs, HMIs, and IEDs; auxiliary system design including batteries and chargers, AC & DC load centers, conduit and cable sizing, backup generator sizing (UPS); commissioning and functional testing specifications; and the overall bill of materials..
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements. Other duties include developing technical specifications, development of project design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Responsible for handling multiple projects and providing a detailed design package that complies with applicable engineering design standards and all safety codes..
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- effective oral and written communication skills
- accurate records and files
- Graduate of four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3 – 10 years of experience preferred, 10+ years of experience also encouraged to apply
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled