Line Worker Apprentice - Travel - Various (10621) - 580014901
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
POSITION – Union: Line Worker Apprentice – Travel (12 Months) – Various (10621)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 8
• Safely performs, under supervision, all types of transmission and distribution pole line work including climbing poles, installation of poles, cross-arms, transformers, cutouts, lightning arresters, wire and cable and other material related to line construction.
• Work on energized lines and equipment in accordance with Company regulations.
• Prepares and keeps such records as may be required and performs other appropriate work as may be
Skills and Requirements
• Must be a graduate of an approved vocational school, institute, or college with acceptable grades majoring in electrical and line worker training or have previous experience in line work. A qualified applicant may also be a first class service worker, line worker apprentice or above.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license.
• Must be able to obtain a valid Class “A” Driver’s License prior to becoming a 3/C Lineworker unless you were a CMP Lineworker with a Class B driver’s license prior to 7/1/2009, and a good record of safe driving.
• Is subject to the Company’s random drug and alcohol testing policy
• Must practice Company safety policies and procedures
• Must be capable of performing all the essential functions of the classification
• Must successfully complete ongoing annual skill assessments.
• Must be available for job site reporting within CMP service territory.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate & Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine