Payroll Accountant 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career come be part of WEX today!
WEX is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Corporate Accounting team, located in South Portland, Maine. An ACCOUNTANT II is responsible for the analysis of financial results, preparation of financial reporting and ensuring accounting transactions are recorded correctly. This position applies the principles, concepts, and practices of accounting. Maintains and prepares moderately complex general ledger and sub-ledger financial transactions. Examines and interprets moderately complex financial transactions for accuracy, reasonableness, and proper accounting treatment. May specialize in one functional area of accounting. This particular role will specialize in PAYROLL ACCOUNTING. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will make recommendations to the Team Lead/Manager on potential process improvement opportunities.
Ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Own responsibility of an accounting sub-ledger and ensure accurate records, proper accounting treatment and reporting within Peoplesoft, HFM, WorkDay and T-Recs.
- Exercise accounting control and financial treatment over a group of accounts within payroll.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Include the reconciliation of moderately complex accounts and sub-ledger to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Act as a liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
- Review accounts, records, and other accounting documents for accuracy, adequacy, and proper accounting treatment.
- Analyze and interpret contracts to ensure compliance with applicable billing clauses.
- Initiate corrective action on moderately complex issues.
- Assist in month-end close process to include monthly internal financial reporting for financial analysis, forecasting and results analysis.
- Conduct thorough review of assigned account reconciliations to include preparing proper corrective actions, and accounting treatment within GAAP accounting standards.
- Initiate, establish, and implement corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and compliance with guiding Accounting principles, concepts, and practices.
- Research accounting practices as assigned and provides a summary of findings to Management.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Management.
- Assist in the support of quarterly and annual audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Excel: Formulas, pivot tables, general analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements and the ability to analyze accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
CPA or CPA willing candidate
AT WEX, WE REWARD INNOVATION, HARD WORK AND EXCELLENCE.
Dependent Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Award Program
Expedition – WEX s Sabbatical Program
Extended Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
Paid Time Off(PTO)
Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETS/DISABILITY
Employer’s Job# R1324
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.