Construction Sales/Estimator (Southern Maine)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Job ID:? 175041
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. ?If you?re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. ?Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. ?All Roads Lead Here!
Construction Sales/Estimator (Southern Maine):? We are seeking a safety minded, self-motivated, customer-oriented individual to fill the Construction Sales/Estimator position for Southern Maine.? Responsibilities will include but not limited to:? the full bid process (bid, build and bill) including customer development, estimating, bid preparation, scheduling, project management, and customer follow up.? The selected candidate will be responsible for promoting the sale of construction services, working with Area Managers to maximize the use of products, establishing relations with contractors and municipalities for promotion of Pike?s products, and developing/submitting bids for commercial, municipal and state construction projects. Classification: Year-round, monthly salary position.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent plus two years related experience preferred.
- Prior field construction experience assisting crews and performing related tasks such as project management and traffic control.
- Excellent math skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as the ability to multitask and manage changing priorities are essential.
- Must display a courteous and professional attitude when dealing with co-workers and the public.
- Proficient computer skills with web-based applications and MS Office products.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint is preferred but not required.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout the company when needed.
- A valid driver?s license.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas?has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile whic
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO