Experienced Field Engineer - Electrical Excitation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out
The Electrical Exitation Field Technical Advisor (FTA) is responsible for the Power Turbine Generator Exitation System and is accountable for:
- Control of costs – mistakes could be detrimental to job cost
- Quality control – preservation, protection, security, or safekeeping of turbine modules, office trailers, tool trailers/gang boxes, cranes, and accessories, spare parts.
- External Reporting: Technical Field Advisers may report to the client, the plant/utility owner, the construction firm, giving daily or weekly updates on job progress or as needed.
- Participate as a Service Team member dedicated to Safety metrics
- Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
- Lead execution of retrofit projects, including: Excitation systems (EX2100 EX2100e, LS2100, LS2100e and HMI products), Generator Protection Systems (GPP), and Power System Stabilization systems
- Execute project management and technical leader duties. Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
- Able to travel extensively and work significant over-time.
- Complete service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements timely.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Support the business growth initiatives
- Trace through the software documentation
- Implement control constant modifications
- Reading and modifying software sequencing
- Set up and modify the hardware and software associated with the Gas/Steam Turbine Excitation / LCI system
- Implement excitation control system software changes
- Work with both DOS and Windows NT based operator interfaces
- Work with both analog and digital controls including logic
- Provide Technical Direction for wiring install and terminate, complete functionality checks, and troubleshooting the turbine excitation / LCI system. Perform start-up/shut-down sequencing and turbine/generator operation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Possess a four-year technical degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (BSEE, MSEE, BSME, MSME), or a 4 year degree in Electronics (AAS, BSEE) or Mechanics (AAS, BSME) with equivalent experience. Graduate of military technical training may be acceptable as determined by the Service Manager.
- 5 years of practical experience will be considered instead of school
- Qualified level. Has the knowledge and skill to actively support an outage and be aware of where to seek answers to questions as they arise. Has experienced successful installations and outages..
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English.
- Computer skills with familiarity of MS Office products. Ability to learn other software tool applications to support HMI and application changes.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills with a “Hands-on approach.”
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to set and meet aggressive targets.
- Successful completion of the GE training program is required once hired
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law